Radiator Fan Temp. Switch

This is the place to go to find the answers to the most common questions new Le'Sharo Owners have. This information comes from members who have considerable experience owning, maintaining and operating the Le'Sharo RV.

Radiator Fan Temp. Switch

Unread postby cpoolis » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Cooling Fan on my 1987 Lesharo does not come until temo gauge is almost at 3/4 way up.Even if it does, stays on for a few seconds and then goes off. I believe problem is with the temp switch located on side of the radaitor. However there are two of them but I am not sure which one?? The upper or lower one????

Your input would very much be appreciated.

Thanks
Charles
cpoolis

Re: Radiator Fan Temp. Switch

Unread postby mloganusda » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:10 am

Look in the section "questions, answers and problems" for an answer to your question.
Mike Logan
Formerly 1986 LeSharo 2.2 gas; 04' Rialta
Now 2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda

Articles: 7

Unread postby Wanderer » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:22 pm

FIRST Check the relay behind the right headlight , the contacts inside get corroded causing them to fluctuate or cut off prematurely, if nessesary replace it with a standard Bosh Relay. There is also a relay on the drivers side on the upper part of the radiator support that activates the fans at full speed when the A/C is on. The thermo switch for the fans is on the lower part of the radiator on the passenger side, you can bridge the terminals to make the fans run all the time but this will slowly drain your battery as the factory 90 amp alternator will have a hard time keeping up with the power drain. Do not confuse the thermoswitch with the A/C condeser hi-low cut off switches. You problem my be that you have an air pocket in the cooling system or a bad relay. Check both first as the thermo switch rarely goes out of spec.
Lou
Life is hard by the yard; but by the inch it’s a cinch.
1990 Winnebago LeSharo "Wanderer"
Chrysler 3.3L Extended roof
Delray Beach Fl
Wanderer

Unread postby cpoolis » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Lou

Thank you so much for your detailed response. I was also reading your detailed instructions on transmission stock in second gear which currently happens to be my other proble. I have just purchased this LS from a friend which sat for almost three years (And don't know how long before that??) and it seems one problem pups up after another. So far Break master cylinder and rear break lights been the known problems and fixed for now. I came to find that even though LS RVs are very good looking but they are very very fragile and somehow unreliable if not maintained on regular basis which I think is the issue with the one I have!!!

But I will dig in a little further see what happens.

Best Regards

Charles
cpoolis

Unread postby Wanderer » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:38 am

Let me know if I can be of help or if I can clarify anything.
Lou
Lou
Life is hard by the yard; but by the inch it’s a cinch.
1990 Winnebago LeSharo "Wanderer"
Chrysler 3.3L Extended roof
Delray Beach Fl
Wanderer