Sink

Share your Le'Sharo photos here.

Sink

Unread postby keith200b » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:51 pm

I got the sink installed tonight and I cant decide if I went too big with it. I wanted a double basin sink but I just dont know if it works with the small lesharo. I planned on on building another removable cabinet that would mount to the outside of the lesharo much like the pop up camper I have now. Has anyone done this or thought about doing this? Let me know what you guys think. Im not sure why the photos are so big. Go to this link to see them in photobucket http://s1003.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... r/Lesharo/
Thanks Keith

Photo_021010_002.jpg
Photo_021010_002.jpg (215.67 KiB) Viewed 4641 times

Photo_021010_001.jpg
Photo_021010_001.jpg (235.32 KiB) Viewed 4641 times
keith200b

Re: Sink

Unread postby Alan Bergman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi Keith,
I was wondering i this outside cabinet would contain the cooking burner? I am not familiar with the pop up's but I did see a teer drop rig once with the kitchenette in the back under the door unit.
Al
My "Cottage Car" is a 1985 Lesharo with a 3.8 Buick V6
Alan Bergman

Unread postby keith200b » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:26 am

yes, the cabinet would have the original lesharo cooktop, a drawer or two and I was thinking maybe the small original lesharo sink. This would attach to the side of the lesharo under the awning using a rail simmilar to the one used on the table and have quick connect fittings for gas and water. I like the idea of cooking outside better than in the coach itself. This is going to be one of my next projects so ill let you know how it turns out.

Keith
keith200b

Unread postby Wanderer » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:49 am

Why don't you make a cover for the sink so that you can use the space when it is not in use. I found that I use the kitchen counter top for small appliances when we are stationary, in my new built I intend to change out the cabinet and install a bar sink as we use paper plates for easy clean up and to conserve our water since we do a lot of primitive camping. The biggest problem with cooking inside the LeSharo is the lack of a stove vent as they state that the side door should be open when cooking; this is not an option in cold weather. In the past we have used an electric hotplate and I plan to have the same in the new unit, however I will be installing an over the stove extractor that will double as a regular extractor vent just in case we want to use the propane stove.
Lou
Life is hard by the yard; but by the inch it’s a cinch.
1990 Winnebago LeSharo "Wanderer"
Chrysler 3.3L Extended roof
Delray Beach Fl
Wanderer

Unread postby Neisman » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:51 pm

I too thought about an outside only kitchen.
I thought that if I moved it outside, I would have more space inside.
Immeadiatly behind that thought came thoughts of inclement weather, heat in proximity to the wall and staining from cooking fumes.
I sometimes travel in the winter and would not be inclined to cook outdoors then. Of course a microwave will actually do most of my cooking anyway.
Neisman

Unread postby populuxe » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:26 pm

If there is a suitable place to mount a rail? let us know. I have been tempted to do this in order to set my factory table outside where it could be used. It seems to just get stored inside and moved around a lot. I have been told by our local Winnebago parts guy (who hates LeSharos, but who cares? I usually taunt him by parking the LeSharo right up front and center at the huge RV mega lot parts and service building in Green Bay) that the composite wall will not hold a table bracket without tearing the outer aluminum skin. Not good.

I have been experimenting with some 3-M VBM tape. Very strong stuff. I think the skin would rip before the tape pulls off.

Great work so far!! Do you have an Insinkerator in there too?? Lol. There are certainly as many reasons to NOT have the range top in the RV as there are to keep it. I can't tell if your turning your 2nd row seats into a kitchen area? Or are the seats going back in?
Chris Christensen Wisconsin, USA
88 LeSharo
01 Villager minivan
80 Vespa
populuxe