Craig's 1990 LeSharo

Share your Le'Sharo photos here.

Craig's 1990 LeSharo

Unread postby CABass » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:58 am

Just purchased it a few weeks ago. Decent body, a couple of scrapes/dents but nothing major.

Only major-ish thing body-wise is the little dent in the rub rail area behind the fuel filler; on the inside the wall has pulled away from the floor about half an inch at that point. I'll lift up the carpet and check for water damage and if there isn't any I'll just fill the void with expanding foam.

Last edited by CABass on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
CABass

Unread postby CABass » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:59 am

Interior is pretty clean. I think it's been pretty well taken care of.

The LeSharo (which we've christened "The Shuttlecraft") will become my office for my web design business. I'll be modding the rear dinette area to suit, with the removal of the table and the left-side seating and the installation of an L shaped desktop ... kind of hard to describe but I can see it in my head. Filing cabinet fits nicely in the closet area.

Plan to remove the sink and rangetop and replace the counter top with a flat surface, and since the fridge doesn't work anyway I'll probably pull it out and put drawers in that area.

In theory, all these mods will be easily removable and things can be re-converted back to original configuration fairly easily should the family need a road trip vacation.
Last edited by CABass on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
CABass

Unread postby CABass » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:01 am

Pretty high mileage on the 2.2 gasser. Previous owner's son in law tells me it's been "partly rebuilt." Starts, runs and drives fine.

Has good oil pressure

Previous owner mod to the front A/C panel
Last edited by CABass on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
CABass

Unread postby CABass » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:02 am

Previous owner was a ham operator and there are quite a few appurtenances on the roof related to his antenna system (small ceramic knobs with wire lugs that seem to be just kind of puttied to the roof, as well as some spring-loaded hold-downs).

Looks like the previous owner had some problems with leaks that he's puttied around with. No obvious signs of leaks inside, except above the area where the shower cubical extends to, so I can't tell if the headliner is sagging a bit from moisture from showers or from possible leaks.

Just have a few little things to work out with it but with Larry's help here I'm already making progress!
CABass

Unread postby Alan Bergman » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi Craig,
It looks like you found a pretty good rig to convert for your uses.
Being a ham radio operator I was particularly interested in your last two pictures. It appears that the previous owner was attempting to create some form of a loop antenna with all the insulators. Typically these will be setup all around the perimeter of your roof. I would be very vigilant in addressing these. Hopefully they are all just glued in place and will be easily removed with maybe a little heat from a heat gun and a plastic scraper. If the ceiling looks all good you want to keep it that way. In the last picture there appears to be a form of loading coil assembly that was installed. I am almost sure you will find a hole of some sort going through the roof surface here. You will want to remove it in any event if for no other reason just to make sure there is no possibility of a leak there. I have spent some time in Oregon a lot of years ago so I know all about the rains there.
Good Luck,
Al
My "Cottage Car" is a 1985 Lesharo with a 3.8 Buick V6
Alan Bergman

Re: Craig's 1990 LeSharo

Unread postby tonyof757 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:11 pm

why is his aux battery there ?
tonyof757

Unread postby Commkruge » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:33 am

Most of us die hards have moved the coach battery to the engine compartment. Simply put swinging a battery around under the coach is no fun.. With a little metal work and moving of a few items there is more than enough room. Also this allows us to inspect the batteries. Where I am at in the arctic northland I pull my batteries out in the winter.
89 Original Bendix
3.3 87 Lesharo in Northern Iowa
Commkruge

Unread postby CABass » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:18 am

I believe that is a stock location on later model LeSharos, as well.
CABass

Unread postby Terry » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:43 am

And that brings us to THIS.
1984 Lesharo, 3.8 Chrysler, Plano, Texas, USA
Terry
Site Admin

Articles: 8

Unread postby tonyof757 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:49 pm

cool ! i have an 86 lesharo. i dnt even see the aux battery. where is it located ?
tonyof757

Next