Front Headlight replacement procedures?

This is the place to go to find the answers to the most common questions new Le'Sharo Owners have. This information comes from members who have considerable experience owning, maintaining and operating the Le'Sharo RV.

Unread postby mloganusda » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:52 pm

I just found the passanger side headlight is out and what are the procedures for replacing headlight? The owners book says to take to dealer for replacement, but I can do the labor myself. It is too cold right now to look under the hood to see how this can be done. :?
Mike Logan
Formerly 1986 LeSharo 2.2 gas; 04' Rialta
Now 2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda

Articles: 7

Unread postby Trafic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:25 am

The headlights are standard headlights and they are replaced from the front by removing the screws on the bezel that holds them.
Lou
Winnebago LeSharo Wanderer
Delray Beach Fl, USA
Trafic

Unread postby mloganusda » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. I thought that they were the standard headlight and braved the cold weather to check on replacement. Even thought it is 24*F with sunshine, I replaced the headlight and only took about 15 minuets. Also have been looking for an awning for MH and RV EXIT had a Carefree of Colorada awning for about $1130 with curved arm (straight arm $1,055). :)
Mike Logan
Now 2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda

Unread postby Trafic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Lou
Delray Beach Fl, USA
Trafic

Unread postby mloganusda » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:18 pm

I have been looking at the Fiamma F45i and received a reply to email to them. They suggest using a bracket (98655-318 @ $90)to attach to MH, but in blog it states to attach directly to curved part of roof/side. The length would be 10' and weight is about 50# by their chart. I do not know what cost will be but will send another email with size so they can quote price.
Mike Logan
Now 2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda

Unread postby Trafic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:08 pm

I recently added an awning to my LeSharo but I custom cut it to 11' 6" so it would cover the entire side. I decided on an awning without a case as they are more forgiving. Living in Florida we will get good use out of it.

Last edited by Trafic on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lou
Delray Beach Fl, USA
Trafic

Unread postby mloganusda » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Great looking awning and nice paint job on MH. I read the blogs about raising the roof and other improvements. Still talking with Fiamma and looks about $800 = shipping, so not sure what to do. Wife wants one of those room awnings that stand next to MH, but I keep telling her that because of the curved side of MH there would be a gap at the top of the MH. Had to show her how much space there would be by using a long staright pipe. I will keep looking and pricing ($$$) as I seem to be spending $$ bring back to life this MH. :?
Mike Logan
Now 2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda

Unread postby populuxe » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Not sure of the size of your camping crew, but the Trafic van camper is VERY popular in the UK. You can get almost any kind of side tent/screen house you want for the Trafic/LeSharo instead of an awning. Keep in mind, you have to store it somewhere. You have to assemble it and take it down. I had "REIMO" side tent for a VW camper that was terrific, but the height of the ceiling was not high enough to clear the LeSharo door opening. BTW, I sold it for about what I paid($450-- and used it for 3 years). Both awning and side tent are fine. I have never had an awning but am looking to get one that is attached instead of keeping inside while traveling. We have a couple kids and their stuff takes up the extra room we have. If we ever have to stop overnight, I'd like to have enough room inside with out having to put stuff outside just to sleep.

http://reimonew.ms-visucom.de/en/93652- ... osse_vans/

The Europeans have a different view on "caravanning" than us Americans. Big benefit of a side tent is you can leave it and go with all your stuff inside.

Lou, looks like you have the "Colorado Carefree Simplicity" from Exit RV? With the straight arms--looks great. Any special adaption to the wall needed with straight arms? And the custom length is brilliant. At just 11 feet, the water fill door is covered. I guess the arm is easy enough to pop off the lower mount. My original awning was 11 feet.
I was not sure of this awning, but seeing is believing. Thanks for the pictures.
Chris Christensen Wisconsin, USA
88 LeSharo
01 Villager minivan
80 Vespa
populuxe

Unread postby Trafic » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:26 am

populuxe wrote:Lou, looks like you have the "Colorado Carefree Simplicity" from Exit RV? With the straight arms--looks great. Any special adaption to the wall needed with straight arms? And the custom length is brilliant. At just 11 feet, the water fill door is covered. I guess the arm is easy enough to pop off the lower mount. My original awning was 11 feet.
I was not sure of this awning, but seeing is believing. Thanks for the pictures.

I really enjoy the extra room and shade that the wider awning provides. You are correct, the awning is a Colorado carefree simplicity PLUS awning. The curved piece that supports the roof on top of the LeSharo is strong enough to support the awning so there is no need for any modification. I decided on the straight legs because of the look when it is rolled up, there is no adaptation needed on the bottom leg suport. The only extras you will need to buy is the lower bracket shim part number R00716 (they come two to a pack) and the 2 lower bracket stand offs part number 169037. With these two the arms will clear the side of the rv when rolled up. Just use the shims on the back of the lower valance when mounting the bottom bracket leg for added support. Also the arms are designed to unlatch at the bottom in case you opt for the add a room that is available or if you want to use it as a carport.

Here is the installation / instruction manual:

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/pdf/0 ... Manual.pdf

The optional room addition:

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rvmha ... m=01010401
Last edited by Trafic on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lou
Delray Beach Fl, USA
Trafic

Awning Price

Unread postby mloganusda » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:38 am

I received a reply from Fiamma: Michael,
The awning is $711.00, the 98655-318 bracket kit is $90.19 and shipping would be $100.00.
Regards,
Bob Snyder
Total price for 10' awning is $901.19 and I install myself. I helped raise the same awning on a Rialta in February, so I will be able to install myself.
Mike Logan
Now 2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda

Next