Our Trip has begun

Share your Le'Sharo photos here.

Unread postby budb » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Remember when in Florida be careful of wildlife here.

Found my old haunt in south FLA

Key Largo

Old movie buffs stop on Nothbound side at Mile Marker 100.
1989 LeSharo, gas engine.
budb

Unread postby John Niekamp » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:42 pm

Hey Bud, LOVE THE PICTURES!

Keep em coming and best of luck.

John
Former owner of a 1989 Le'Sharo with 1999 Buick 3800 Series II conversion :(
John Niekamp

Unread postby Alan Bergman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:52 pm

Just exactly where is the African Queen located? If I was ever there I would go for a cruise just to hear that steam engine sing...
Al
My "Cottage Car" is a 1985 Lesharo with a 3.8 Buick V6
Alan Bergman

Unread postby budb » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:45 pm

Alan Bergman wrote:Just exactly where is the African Queen located? If I was ever there I would go for a cruise just to hear that steam engine sing...
Al

At the 100 mile marker north bound side of of US1 in the keys.
budb

Unread postby budb » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:56 pm

Still no RV back, we continue in the rental car. Found the most fabulous little resort in Grass Key. Has Table and chairs inside, fridge, convection oven, sink, hotplate, Queen bed, TV, futon that folds out, Patio with a grille on the beach. Sweet little cottage. Woke up to the water 20 steps away.
Morning Shots
Evening Shots
budb

Unread postby budb » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Still no RV back, we continue in the rental car. Found the most fabulous little resort in Grass Key. Has Table and chairs inside, fridge, convection oven, sink, hotplate, Queen bed, TV, futon that folds out, Patio with a grille on the beach. Sweet little cottage. Woke up to the water 20 steps away.
Morning Shots
Evening Shots
budb

Our Trip has Begun

Unread postby Ray Charbonneau » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:01 pm

Bud,
I was wondering if you had gotten your Lesharo back. You had stated that a repair shop in Plant City had it and was repairing. I hope that all is well.
I also thought your pictures were great, looking for more. Please let us know what happened.
Ray Charbonneau
Winter Haven, FL
"WinneBuick"
1988 Winnebago LeSharo w/ Buick 3.8
Ray Charbonneau

Unread postby budb » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:10 am

Well yes got it back, it was faster to get a replacement transmission than to have parts gotten for ours. Replacement was a completely rebuilt one. Trip home was great and tranny was solid. Still mileage was low. Upon getting to the PA / MD border RV started losing power on hills. We got to turnpike and started west. Some hills we were only going 10 miles an hour but on the flats I could coax 60 mph. The 100 miles to our exit took 5 hours or more. Then we got trapped between 2 hills when we got off the turnpike. Finally I decided it had to be the catalytic converter. So I crawled under it with a hammer and chisel and cut a small hole in it on its front. Dang if it did not gain power. So ran it 3 miles and decided I would get out my drill and hole saw. After drilling 2, 3/4" holes in it on the front of converter I could not keep it under 60 MPH. So if anyone out there has a power problem on hills make sure your converter is not going bad. When the weather breaks here I found a Hi-Flow generic converter for $69. It has 2 1/4" inlet and outlet that will be installed in mine. I believe that will fix my power and mileage problem.

Other problems that occurred on trip is after second blowout was fridge stuck on hi and will not turn off, has to be thermostat. Also bathroom door latch handle broke will need replaced. I also will be trying to construct a rear bumper basket to carry larger items and my midsized generator.

As far as pictures go I have 1500+ of them. Just not enough time to resample them all to upload.
budb

Our Trip has Begun

Unread postby Ray Charbonneau » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Bud,
I'm glad to hear you did make it back home with your Lesharo. You did good, deducing the problem. Just like a potato up the tailpipe, loss of power. I've been there and did just that with a hammer and screwdriver. It wasn't on my Lesharo, but same problem and same solution. I'm sure the replacement will give you back the power and thinking about it, it could've been what caused some of the tranny issues.
Glad to hear the trip closed on a good note. Take care and stay warm.
Ray
Ray Charbonneau
Winter Haven, FL
"WinneBuick"
1988 Winnebago LeSharo w/ Buick 3.8
Ray Charbonneau

Previous