Our Trip has begun

Share your Le'Sharo photos here.

Our Trip has begun

Unread postby budb » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:32 pm

We are 3 days into our Florida trip. So far just over 950 miles in 3 days with cold nights and we made it into St Augustine. Have not seen any LeSharos or Phasars anywhere. Milage has not been great but with the air drag of the dish and running speeds of 60 to 65 is most likely the problem. Pics
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
1989 LeSharo, gas engine.
budb

Our trip has begun

Unread postby Ray Charbonneau » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:51 pm

Bud,
The pics look great, especially the colorful mountains. I don't believe they were taken in Florida. LOL
It's nice this time of year down here. I'm in central Florida and am back working on my 88 Lesharo conversion project, installing a 3.8 GM powerplant in it. It's nice enough to work on it now.
I wish you smooth travels and nice weather. Keep up the nice pics.
Ray
Ray Charbonneau
Winter Haven, FL
"WinneBuick"
1988 Winnebago LeSharo w/ Buick 3.8
Ray Charbonneau

Unread postby Trafic » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:34 am

What is your destination in Florida?
Lou
Winnebago LeSharo Wanderer
Delray Beach Fl, USA
Trafic

Unread postby iheartmacs » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:34 am

Beautiful pictures. what mountains are those with the fall colors? I know what you mean about not seeing many LeSharos or Phasers on the road. I am always looking for others when we travel. Maybe we will spot one another some day :D
1984 Turbo Diesel located in beautiful Avenal, CA.
iheartmacs

Unread postby budb » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Well trip has suddenly taken a pause. First had a tire break a belt, then the spare blew out almost flipping us. Got towed to a tire shop and had 4 new tires put on. Got 8 ply tires for it. Never made it a mile and tranny began to slip. So we are holed up in a hotel waiting for ours to get rebuilt now. Found the perfect person to do it. He has rebuilt many of the LeSharo tranny's over the years and has the special tools to do them. So if in the Plant City area of Florida look up Bill's shop if you need help.

Yes those pics were from the first few days of the road trip. Taken in Virginia and North Carolina. Will be posting more shortly of South Carolina, Georgia and North Florida. I have not had internet because we got stranded in a Quickie Mart lot in bad part of town for 36 hours. Sleep was not an option there. Important notice, Before traveling purchase a TracFone, get 120 minutes of air time minimum. They work anywhere.
budb

Unread postby budb » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:05 pm

The pics
budb

Our trip has begun..

Unread postby Ray Charbonneau » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:12 pm

Bud,
I'm about 30 miles east of you and if I'm not mistaken, I spoke with Bill in regards to a conversion he's doing. If you get this in time, ask him about it. It's been a while since I spoke with him.
It's a blessing that you found Bill's shop and that he has all the tools to do the job. I'm sure you'll be on the road in no time.
I am amazed that you found 8-ply 14" tires, do tell what type and where you found them, that seems to be a hot topic.
After all, what would a Lesharo road trip be without an issue or 2,3,or...
I'll stop there and keep wishing you smoother travels.
Ray
Ray Charbonneau
Winter Haven, FL
"WinneBuick"
1988 Winnebago LeSharo w/ Buick 3.8
Ray Charbonneau

Unread postby budb » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm

The tires were purchased at Broadway New and Used tires in Plant city. They also have 2 shops in Tampa. 4 tires were $392 plus mounting and spin balance. The Brand on them were Federal. When I get tranny done I will be stopping by to get 1 more for spare. Current spare is the only tire that had not broken a belt or separated. I do not trust it. Weather here has been great though and finally got my rental so will touring around a bit on the west coast to see the beaches and do some fishing.

The footprint on RV of each tire has radically changed now, they look like there is hardly any weight on them. The previous tires even inflated to the recommended 50 PSI looked overloaded. They were class C tires but not real sure of how many plys at this time. I will check the spare and post what the old ones were next trip to the RV shop.
budb

Unread postby jinbody » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:45 am

Welcome to Florida,
You do take excellent pictures! What is your secret to the intense color? If you make it as far as Fort Myers on the west coast give us a call!
Jon
239-543-1993
Le'Sauvetage
'87 gas/'94 Buick 3800
jinbody

Unread postby budb » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:57 pm

We need a new thread for funny Pictures, Saw this in Lakeland ,Fl. Only problem is that these were taken in a retirement community.

budb

Next