Moved pictures

Share your Le'Sharo photos here.

Moved pictures

Unread postby ivancou » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Since Webshots is changing I decided to move my pictures to Photobucket . I still have quite a few pictures to add from when we first bought it . Ivan
OOPS , it works better with link .

http://s1327.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... conversion
ivancou

Re: Moved pictures

Unread postby oldcodger » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:24 am

Thanks for re-posting your pics Ivan! I am just to the point where I have the donor engine out. It is so nice to be able to see all that you did! I have looked at them many times and am sure I will look many more!

Brad
Laramie, WY
1989 Lesharo Sunset
Conversion (in progress) to 3.8 Buick (supercharged)
oldcodger

Unread postby ivancou » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Brad , When you get the sub frame into place check your tie rod 's . I had a squeak in mine that drove the mechanic nuts when I took it in to make sure it was road ready . I had a good inch of clearance between the top of the rod and the frame of the Phasar . Turned out that when we sat in the front seats it dropped the coach just enough that they would rub when you turned the wheel . We both had to sit in it while a third mechanic got under the coach and checked it . A simple notch in the frame then reinforce it with inch angle iron bent to match the shape of the opening . I have pictures to post of that . I was able to recover over 700 pics from my backup drive ,some showing the original repairs to the floor pan . Ivan
ivancou

Unread postby oldcodger » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks for the info Ivan. Just wondering if I made the mounts slightly taller if that would alleviate the problem??
Laramie, WY
1989 Lesharo Sunset
oldcodger

Unread postby ivancou » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Brad , yes it would ! I was out picking up a bunch of parts for mine from a guy who parted out his , I looked at the mount and he used 2 x 2 sq tube on the rear mount . I used 1x 2 rectangle . Had I gone to 2 inch it probably would've solved my issues with the tie rods .But I was in a hurry to"get r done" or I should say the wife was on my case about it . Ivan
ivancou

Unread postby zigmundwazny » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi Brad:

I used 2"X3" rectangular tubing for the rear and front mounting of the 3.8 Buick engine into my 1988 LeSharo. There is no interference between the frame and steering linkage. If you are a member of the Yahoo LeSharo Owners site, there are pictures at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lesharo-o ... 20&dir=asc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ziggy
88 LeSharo
3.8 GM Supercharged
Southern Ontario, Canada
zigmundwazny

Unread postby oldcodger » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Thanks Ivan & Ziggy! I am so glad to have you guys active to talk to! And I love the pictures! Thanks to both of you for the links. (I have joined all of the lesharo forums I can find, but like this one the best.)

I just got most of the original dash out of the lesharo today. I have the donor engine out and on the floor, but need to get the rest of the stuff cut out of the engine bay so I can move the new engine and cradle in to get an idea where things are going to fall. I am planning on using most of the dash and wiring from the Riviera so things will be as "natural" as possible for the buick motor. I don't move fast, but I do get a little bit done most days. Thanks for the info and support!
Laramie, WY
1989 Lesharo Sunset
oldcodger