Lesharo 85TD restoration UK

Share your Le'Sharo photos here.

Re: Lesharo 85TD restoration UK

Unread postby BANDIT2 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:17 am

Gabs,thanks for the praise-can never have too much of that :lol:
Don't know what you mean ref 'parts of the dashboard'? If you mean the wood trim,I made it myself.
Not had too many problems finding parts to be honest,is yours petrol or derv?
What bits are you stuggling to find?
Edit to say:- Sorry,posted this before I saw your email.
I've replied to you :mrgreen:
Restoring a 1986 Lesharo TD[now finished and on the road! check out the restoration]http://lesharorv.com/viewtopic.php?t=1713
If my posts seem short and to the point-its because I type with one finger. Running sweet on home made bio.
Chris [in the UK]
BANDIT2

Unread postby BAGOfromRUSSIA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:09 am

шеQuality work. This is all familiar. My car is also all rusted. It took a lot of welding. Did not finish the interior. Good luck to you!
BAGOfromRUSSIA

Unread postby DAMIANSHARO » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi , i am hoping for some information , i seem to have come into ownership of a 1998 lesharo 2.2 petrol , full mot .
i will try to add some pics .
I am looking at a budget re furb and selling on , my first port of call is to try and make the exterior as clean and up to date as yours looks , guessing i can get done for around £500 as body is straight just oxidised and is a cream colour with green and gold graphics wich are all faded and coming off etc . If just to say i could get it as clean looking as yours , in and out what is the worth of the vehicle ? i really dont have a clue and am finding it difficult to put it against the old transit , bedford type things the uk produced at that age . Cheers for any info and yep yours looks the dogs .....
DAMIANSHARO

Unread postby farvernugen » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi Chris,

Most impressive, surely a labour of love here! I hope you now get as much satisfaction out of it on the road.

Just out of curiosity, how many man hours do you estimate you've put into her?

Cheers, Scott
1991 Lesharo, 2.2 Bendix, auto, Ontario, Canada
farvernugen

Unread postby BANDIT2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 am

farvernugen wrote:Hi Chris,

Most impressive, surely a labour of love here! I hope you now get as much satisfaction out of it on the road.

Just out of curiosity, how many man hours do you estimate you've put into her?

Cheers, Scott

Scott, I havn,t got a clue how long it took-the only bit time wise that i can recall is the welding of the chassis and floor [front to back] this took 8 weeks full time.The whole thing was about 18 months but not full time.
My 'problem' if it is one, is that i have to do everything correctly which is time consuming but i know i don't have to 'revisit' previous repairs for a long time if ever.
I hate having to do a job twice :lol:
Restoring a 1986 Lesharo TD[now finished and on the road! check out the restoration]http://lesharorv.com/viewtopic.php?t=1713
If my posts seem short and to the point-its because I type with one finger. Running sweet on home made bio.
Chris [in the UK]
BANDIT2

Unread postby jinbody » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:09 am

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but that restoration is absolutely the most ambitious Lesharo project I have ever seen. You sir are an artist! Well done.
Jon
Le'Sauvetage
'87 gas/'94 Buick 3800
jinbody

Unread postby davidscar » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:31 pm

I enjoyed the thread very much. What kind of engine/transmission do/did you have in the LS?

DS
1984 LeSharo TD w/ 4spd
davidscar

Unread postby BANDIT2 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:47 am

Same as yours Dave but 5 speed , replied to your PM too.
Chris [in the UK]
BANDIT2

Previous