Switching on the water heater/ electric sockets not working

This is the place to go to find the answers to the most common questions new Le'Sharo Owners have. This information comes from members who have considerable experience owning, maintaining and operating the Le'Sharo RV.

Switching on the water heater/ electric sockets not working

Unread postby dmacdonald1974 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:31 pm

I just bought an 87 Le Sharo. It seems that I am getting power to the 12v sockets but no power to the 120V sockets. I just bought a whole bunch of 120V0240V rated electronic equipment and was eager to hook it up but it seems there is no power coming through. I checked the breakers and they are all in ON position. On another note....how does one switch on the water heater? Is there a pilot or gas ignition switch ? Sorry to sound like such a newbie but I guess I am.

There is the Power invertor under the seat.

Any help would be very helpful..

Thanks David
dmacdonald1974@gmail.com
dmacdonald1974

Re: Switching on the water heater/ electric sockets not working

Unread postby Ray Charbonneau » Tue May 24, 2011 3:25 pm

David,
The 120v outlets as well as the water heater, which is 120v, are only powered up when the rv is plugged into a power source.
Apparently the previous owners installed an inverter to provide 120v power while driving.
After the rv is driven awhile, the water in the water heater is heated by means of engine coolant lines that are routed to the rear.
I hope this helps, Ray
Ray Charbonneau
Winter Haven, FL
"WinneBuick"
1988 Winnebago LeSharo w/ Buick 3.8
Ray Charbonneau

Re: Switching on the water heater/ electric sockets not working

Unread postby Rick H » Tue May 24, 2011 5:15 pm

David,
The coach hot water heats up when you are running the LS. Depending on the year of your vehicle, there is either a switch near the floor to the rear of the furnace or on some year models the power for the water heater is switched at the breaker panel.
NOTE: Don't turn on the 120 power to the water heater unless you have water in it or the element may burn out.
Hope it helps,
Rick
Rick and Cathy from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
88 LeSharo 2.2L gas auto

We drive in 'NANAZBUS'.
Our grandchildren love it.
Rick H