Coach Window Regulators

Questions or problems on your Lesharo.

Coach Window Regulators

Unread postby IdahoBob » Thu May 07, 2020 12:04 am

/
The coach window vents on my 84 TD don't work. It's been this way since I first got her.
It seems like a simple fix, replace the regulators and bingo, the cranks should work again....

But HOW DO YOU DO IT???

I've looked, and poked and tried several times to get at them. They seem to be just sitting there in the window frame, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove them, let alone replace them.

Has anybody had any luck with this?
. Mark (IdahoBob) - (and my 84 TD LS "Margot")
IdahoBob

Re: Coach Window Regulators

Unread postby zigmundwazny » Thu May 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi Mark:

I have not replaced an RV window regulator. I looked at mine (1988 LeSharo), and the regulator seems to be held in place with 2 pop rivets (the heads are buried between the window and coach body). Some may be held with screws????

Google and check with U-tube for U-Fix information.
I found this information at -- https://www.doityourselfrv.com/hand-crank-rv-window-repair-how-parts-replace/

Hope this helps.
Ziggy.
Ziggy
88 LeSharo
3.8 GM Supercharged
Southern Ontario, Canada
zigmundwazny

Re: Coach Window Regulators

Unread postby IdahoBob » Mon May 11, 2020 4:39 pm

/
Thanks!
That seems to have a method of fixed them. It is sad that you have to drill out rivets just to replace it. But it beats pulling the entire window out, which was going to me my next test.

Once the rain stops, I'll give this method a whirl and see how it goes. I'll let everyone know how it comes out.

I wonder if screws with locknuts can be used to replace the rivets, afterwards?....
. Mark (IdahoBob) - (and my 84 TD LS "Margot")
IdahoBob