1987 Lesharo stuck in park

Questions or problems on your Lesharo.

1987 Lesharo stuck in park

Unread postby Paulmarado » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:30 am

My 87 Lesharo is stuck in park. The reverse lights stay on. I can still move the RV by pushing it. I was able to drive it up and down driveway. I parked it for the last time. Now it won’t come out of park. I disconnected the selector cable. The shifter cable works fine. The gear selector on the trans wont move. Anyone have and suggestions? There’s a lot of different sensors on this RV to prevent it from going into reverse of drive without foot on brake pedal.

Thanks
Paulmarado

Re: 1987 Lesharo stuck in park

Unread postby Paulmarado » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:15 pm

Here’s what happened. Before I bought it, the shifter cable broke at the transmission. The previous owner put the adjuster back on the cable. The cable was then making the actuator over shift into park. This caused the spring to come out of the quad. This intern allowed the quad to go further passed park mode. This jammed the parking pawl pivot pin way in. Making it so you couldn’t take it out of park. In order to fix this, you must drop the oil pan. Remove the bull gear cover. With pain and suffering remove the quad. Then bar the transmission over at the bull gear, pushing the parking pivot into the parking pawl by your fingers. This will allow the pivot pin attached to the quad to drop out. The pivot pin must be taken off the quad. You need two people to do this. Order new cable or a suitable replacement. I’ll update when back together. Everyone says that.
Paulmarado