LeSharo windshield

This is the place to go to find the answers to the most common questions new Le'Sharo Owners have. This information comes from members who have considerable experience owning, maintaining and operating the Le'Sharo RV.

LeSharo windshield

Unread postby Harold_schnell » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:11 pm

We need a replacement windshield for our 1985 Lesharo. Any information would be appreciated where we can buy one.
Harold_schnell

Re: LeSharo windshield

Unread postby Rick H » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Harold,
Look at the first post in the Market place section.
Rick
Rick and Cathy from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
88 LeSharo 2.2L gas auto

We drive in 'NANA'z Bus'.
Our grandchildren love it.
Rick H

Unread postby Rick H » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:09 pm

Harold,
Just remembered that Mike Logan got one awhile ago and had it tinted. Get a hold of him for details.
Hope it helps,
Rick
Rick and Cathy from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
88 LeSharo 2.2L gas auto

We drive in 'NANA'z Bus'.
Our grandchildren love it.
Rick H

Unread postby mloganusda » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Last October 2010, I developed a crack from the top of the windshield to about the middle of the windshield on the drivers side. I have Progressive RV insurance and they sent me to a local (Nashville, TN) glass dealer to have it replaced. Progressive ordered the windshield from Safelite and I paid my deductible to have the windshield installed. The charge that Progressive paid $1,057 for the windshield glass plus installation. I believe that the windshield came from Elkhart, IN and shipped to Nashville, TN. I had also just 6 months before had the front windshield tinted to reduce heat intrusion from the sun. Progressive Insurance paid to have it re-tinted. The tint has ceramic metal inside the film and has a very light seethru tint that reflects UV rays. It does make a difference in the amount of heat coming thru the front windshield during the hot summer days.
Mike Logan
Formerly 1986 LeSharo 2.2 gas
Now 04' Rialta
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda

Articles: 7